At CARING, we understand that each client is unique.
CARING PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
CARING Inc. is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization dedicated to the mission of preventing the premature institutionalization of adults with disabilities or senior residents of the areas served by the agency. Incorporated in 1977, CARING began earlier as a group of volunteers who realized the need for what has become the organization's present mission. The current CARING family of programs and services include:
- CARING’s Adult Day Health Services program, CARINGPlace in Pleasantville, provides specialized medically-oriented adult day care services in an attractive setting for seniors with disabilities. Nursing care, physical and occupational therapy, recreational activities, and social services are provided on site. The provision of CARING's day services enable individuals to remain independent in the community or with their families much longer than would otherwise be possible.
- CARING’s Transitional Adult Program (T.A.P.) is designed to meet the needs of younger adults with developmental disabilities who require specialized care. One of the main goals of the program is to help retain and build new skills for individuals with severe developmental disabilities.
- CARINGHouse Projects, provides 53 community-based residences throughout New Jersey for adults who have developmental disabilities.
- CARING Residential Services, a Community Housing Development Organization, manages thirty-six units of HUD-subsidized senior housing and ten units of otherwise affordable senior/disabled housing on the CARING campus in Pleasantville.
- CARING Senior Living is licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services to provide Assisted Living Program (ALP) services. Through this program for the last decade, CARING has provided ALP services--nursing care, homemaker services, personal care, assistance with medication, doctor’s appointments and transportation to residents of publicly subsidized units in their own apartments in Atlantic City, Millville, Wildwood and Camden. CARING provides those residents with the services they require to "age in place" rather than move into a long-term care facility.
- CARING’s Social Day provides day programs to meet the needs of the elderly and disabled in a social setting providing interesting activities, trips and group involvement. The centers, located in Atlantic City and Millville provide activities primarily for seniors who might otherwise have little or no means to get out into the community.
- CARING’s Homemaker Services are provided to eligible residents of Atlantic City, Wildwood and Millville Housing Authority buildings who are better able to maintain their independence with this assistance.
Call Director of Outreach: Fred Meineke at 609-485-0424 today for more information on our many programs.
Or submit an email request for information below: